Welcome to the home of SOS Domestic Abuse Projects, a charity based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, supporting women, men, children and families who have been affected by domestic abuse.
Are you safe using this website? Cover your tracks – see our 'keeping yourself safe online’ guide on the left.
DOMESTIC ABUSE SERVICES IN SOUTHEND-ON-SEA
From 1st February 2017, SOS Domestic Abuse Projects is now responsible for delivering a combined community-based support and accommodation service in the borough of Southend. This follows the award of the SBC Domestic Abuse Services Contract.
The full range of services that SOSDAP will offer will include:
• A single point of contact and specialist helpline for women and male victims.
• Refuge accommodation in Southend.
• Drop-in service for women in crisis at the Dove, 4 West Road, Westcliff, 550 9DA.
• Outreach support, advocacy and support for female, male, BME and LGBT victims.
• Therapeutic programmes of support for children and young people, affected by domestic abuse (Fledglings).
• Partnership working with Essex Change.
• Preventative work in the community with children and young people.
Contact details for services:
• Dove Crisis Helpline - 01702 302333 / Monday to Friday 10am-4pm.
• Refuge referrals — 01702 302333 (plus emergencies — out of hours).
• Appointments at Dove- Monday to Friday 10am-4pm at 4 West Road, Westcliff, SSO 9DA.
• Fledglings Services for Children and Young People - 01702 343868.
1st February 2017